Thursday, June 17, 2010

Precious




I've been thinking about this all day and thought I would write it down before I forgot. Just in case.

Tonight I am having a girls night with Candace Bruner, Shawnee Baughman, and Allana Schwaab. Pretty much the only people from high school I keep in touch with regularly- like call and text and know how each other's doing constantly.

These girls are family. Candace, Shawnee and I all graduated together. We were the first freshmen at Lake City to ever be allowed into the upper choirs. We started a lot of new traditions and became (as Ms. Hedahl told us constantly) her strongest leaders and the strongest class. We never took that lightly.
After we graduated, and Allana graduated, whenever we would get together it always ended up with pulling out old choir music and just singing. For hours.
Birthday parties, pre-dinner music, sleepovers, we couldn't help ourselves.

It's amazed me- each of these girls is incredible. We are all SO busy and living our lives- we've each gone after exactly what we want. I think that's why I love them so much- they understand if I don't call for a period of time because I'm in a show, or Candace is traveling, or Allana is going to the big city, or Shawnee is being a genius :)
But in our busy lives, not ONCE have we missed a break where we didn't see each other.

And just think about what that means to me- makes me cry.

Sure it's been a shitty day and I'm a little emotional- but still. So cool.

Since Ms. Hedahl passed away- we've gotten together once. It was hard. It was different. It was too soon.
I'm so excited for tonight.
Singing all that music is going to have such a different meaning this time. And rather than trying to get through the sadness, I think it's been just enough time where it's now a celebration of all that she gave us.

These girls will always be my best friends. Not because I hang out with them the most or talk to them the most or blah blah blah- it's because I know that no matter what, they will ALWAYS be there.

That's what a best friend is.

And I do have the best :)

No comments:

Post a Comment